Bind allowing localhost maps

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Mar 10 23:26:19 UTC 2000

What exactly do you mean by "stop functioning"? And how does this
non-functioning help the situation?

BIND just answers what it is told to answer, and if someone wants to MX to
localhost, then BIND shouldn't be making value judgements as to whether
this is a "good" or a "bad" record. If you want to ensure that your mailer
never connects to localhost or to 127.0.0.1 when trying to relay a message,
then configure this logic IN YOUR MAIL SERVER.  Leave BIND out of it.

- Kevin