RFC 2317

lilith at paxumbrae.com lilith at paxumbrae.com
Fri Mar 10 22:03:06 UTC 2000

I am assuming that this Class B is non-portable, else the individual class
Cs, 64-127, could simply be assigned to your organization's
nameservers. You then would only deal with 64 zones.

If they are non-portable, your parent company needs to set up a Class B
in-addr zone for subdelegation, which will look roughtly like this:

SOA (insert parent's standard SOA here)
	IN	NS	1stparent.nameserver.com.
	IN	NS	2ndparent.nameserver.com.
0	IN	NS	master.nameserver.com.
	IN	NS	slave.nameserver.com.
.
.
.
.
.
64	IN	NS	yourmaster.nameserver.com.
	IN	NS	yourslave.nameserver.com.
.
.
.
.
127	IN	NS	yourmaster.nameserver.com.
        IN      NS      yourslave.nameserver.com.
128	IN      NS      master.nameserver.com.
        IN      NS      slave.nameserver.com.
255	IN      NS      master.nameserver.com.
	IN	NS	slave.nameserver.com.

The in-addr Class B zone has to be in the parent company's named.conf
files, and of course, all 64 subdelegated Class C zones need to be in
yours, with the appropriate files.