Fails 1st, works 2nd?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Fri Mar 10 05:26:10 UTC 2000

I have Bind8.2.2p5 running on a linux box.  It is a master/slave and
uses forwarders.  When I query something that isn't in cache I get a
No response from server error.  When I try it again it works.
This is only for things that I am not a master/slave. ie offsite
internet names.
But it doesn't always do this.  I have tried to turn debugging on,
but am not sure what I am looking at.  I have tried using nslookup
against the forwarders and they seem to work ok, but this is hard to
test because of the caching.  The only other thing that I can think
to do is to stop using forwarders and see if that makes any difference.
Thanks!