newbie question

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Fri Mar 10 08:47:19 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: "Cary Wells" <toxik at v-wave.com>

> I was wondering if it is possible to host a domain on a dynamic ip.  I have
> an adsl account that I would like to host a domain on and the ip hardly ever
> changes but if it does how would I go about changing the information to the
> nameservers?

It's theoretically possible, but it's quite kludgy; you'd need to update
the information for your domain every time the IP address changed.

If you need to run externally accessible servers, you should ask your ISP
for a static IP address.

Thor

--
Unsecured email can be monitored, falsified, altered
and repudiated. Please use PGP. Help is available