Having all unknown domains serve from one file

cd-BIND-list cd-BIND-list at newc.com
Thu Mar 9 23:03:21 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I'm interested in setting up a new DNS which, regardless of the domain name,
will serve from one central file (ie, the A, MX, SOA, etc. records all come
from one file).

The basic reason is that I've got a large number of domains names that I just
want to have the same information come out for. I want a server (and just a
server - this isn't one to serve queries to a local network or a client
population; just one to be referenced in a netsol registration, etc.) to be
there to point to for networksolutions or similar registrations, and require
that I do no work to set it up.

Are there any configurable options to do something like this, or should I
just try to hack up the BIND code?

TIA, Charles