Never recurse for unknown intern addresses ?

Runu Knips runu.knips.NOSPAM at DELETEgmx.de
Thu Mar 9 08:01:27 UTC 2000

Hello

We have an intern network with a modem connection to the provider.
Our firewall runs bind 8.2.2pl5 under linux.

We would like to specify to bind that it should answer ALL requests
for intern addresses WITHOUT asking the nameserver at our provider
for it. Especially it should NOT ask the nameserver at our provider
for addresses which (a) don't contain any dot OR (b) are in the
domain, AND are unknown. Bind should simply say that they don't
exist, and quit further processing.