Looking for multi-customer DNS system for an ISP

chrisw at metaip.checkpoint.com chrisw at metaip.checkpoint.com
Wed Mar 8 21:39:20 UTC 2000

Hi Will,

This may be very much a case of beating our own drums, but our product --
MetaIP from Check Point Software Technologies -- does everything that you
ask for here.  Be warned, we are very commercial, but I think you'll like
our software.  We're rather proud of it.

It is web-driven, available for NT and several flavours of UNIX and any of
them can manage services of all the other supported types, is completely
BIND compliant, covers BIND from 4.9.x through 8.2.2, has a very nice GUI,
is intuitive (assuming you have some knowledge of the principles and
concepts of DNS), handles ALL the creation and updating of all zone files
and config files automatically, and can be configured on a service level to
allow clients to see or change only specific objects in the database (which
means they can only manage their own stuff once you lock them out of
everything else).

A time-limited free Demo can be downloaded from
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/metaip/index.html. Let me know what you
think of it if you decide to check it out.

I hope that I have not transgressed any unwritten rules by plugging a
commercial product on this list, and if I have I apologize and will not do
so again if so informed.

Chris Wilkes
Tech Writer
Meta IP Group, Check Point Software Technologies