acl in forwarders and masters statements

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Mar 8 16:01:24 UTC 2000

In article <20000308140306.K11024 at stahlw06.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de>,
Ralf Hildebrandt  <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> wrote:
>IMHO it would be a useful feature, since I'd like to be able to group my
>forwarders and masters using an acl instead of typing the whole stuff over
>and over again.

But an ACL can contain CIDR blocks and !<block> entries, not just IP
addresses, and they make absolutely no sense in forwarders, masters, and
also-notify statements.

It would be useful to have named address lists, but they should not be
confused with ACLs.  It would make sense to allow address lists as members
of ACLs, but not the other way around.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com