Recipient email servers looking for source domain entry??

peter at icke-reklam.manet.dot..nu peter at icke-reklam.manet.dot..nu
Mon Mar 6 20:35:54 UTC 2000

Jim Picerno <jpicerno at speakeasy.org> wrote:
> I'm using Exchange 5.5 and I'm gettng the error messages I've listed below.
> Are these errors referring to a specific DNS entry or is it some other
> problem with DNS. If there is a specific DNS entry could someone provide an
> example?

It looks to me that Your domain (Source.com) could not be resolved at the time.
It seems to work now, so i assume you have temporarily problems.

BTW both NS for source.com seems to be on the same LAN and thus can be
isolated from internet by a single cause. Most people recommends
that nameservers should be in differnt parts of internet.

;; AUTHORITY RECORDS:
source.com.     86400   NS      ns.waymark.net.
source.com.     86400   NS      ns1.waymark.net.
;; ADDITIONAL RECORDS:
ns.waymark.net. 86400   A       207.18.144.2
ns1.waymark.net.        86400   A       207.18.144.4

Regards
Peter h

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeIMC
> Event Category: SMTP Interface Events
> Event ID: 4030
> The following message could not be delivered to <Jane_Doe at Destination.com>
> Delivery will be retried later. The  destination server reported: 450
> <John_Doe at Source.com>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found From:
> <John_Doe at Source.com> Subject: ABC123

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeIMC
> Event Category: SMTP Interface Events
> Event ID: 4090
> Date:  3/5/2000
> Time:  4:12:52 PM
> Mail could not be delivered to 123.456.789.10 (Destination.org). The
> destination server reported 451 <John_Doe at Source.com>... Sender domain must
> resolve. Delivery will be retried later.

Peter Håkanson
Manet Networking      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)
peter (at) manet (dot) nu | sed "s/(at)/@/g " | sed "s/(dot)/\./g"|sed "s/ //g"