Suppressing duplicate notify

Henri J. Schlereth henris at neandertal.org
Thu Mar 2 16:28:54 UTC 2000

I dont know if I posted this before but here is the question.
This deals with an internal network. If I put in an NS record
for the slave server I get the following:

Mar  2 09:59:34 kesrith named[2294]: suppressing duplicate notify ("neandertal.org" IN SOA)

Removing the NS record makes the message go away. Does this imply that
the NS records must be for masters only? BTW the named.conf insures that
the slave gets the notify anyway, so nothing is really broken, I am just
curious.

TIA
Henri
"All data leaves a trail. The search for data leaves a trail.
The erasure of data leaves a trail.The absence of data, under
the right circumstances,can leave the clearest trail of all-
Dr. Kio Masada"