Versions of Bind

Ralf Hildebrandt R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de
Thu Mar 2 16:04:47 UTC 2000

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 08:45:08AM -0700, Cinense, Mark wrote:

> 	Does anyone know how to remotely check different versions of BIND
> without having to login to the nameserver.  I tried this, and nslookup
> returned unknown query class.

Yes, it's in the FAQ:
http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/section2.html
Question 2.25. What version of bind is running on a server ?

> nslookup -q=txt -class=CH version.bind. ns1.sandia.gov

% dig @ns1.sandia.gov txt chaos version.bind.
;; ANSWER SECTION:
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2.2-P5"

> I am running BIND 8.2.2-p5.
So what?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb
Anyone who cannot cope with Mathematics is not fully human -- at best