RFC naming question

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Wed Mar 1 23:09:05 UTC 2000

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 02:15:00PM -0600, Henri J. Schlereth wrote:
> While I understand that there is a set of non-publishable reserved
> IP addresses (I use them) but is there an equvalent naming convention
> such as .lan .wan or whatever? If so is there info on this.

I don't know if there is one, but I've never seen any mention of it. If
there is, I'd like to know.

The usual approach is creating a subdomain of your domain. For example,
for the domain .foo.com, .internal.foo.com, or .lan.foo.com or whatever
else you want.

			---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan                   | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.            | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena