Bogus routes to host

John G. Drummond drummojg at falcon.jmu.edu
Wed Mar 1 18:46:43 UTC 2000

> The ethernet address is a red herring - all the packets you see will contain
> the ethernet address of the local router which forwarded the packet
> onto the LAN your were running the sniffer on.

Okay, I've got that.  By bad, and a dumb supposition.  However,
I still can't get a handle on why I'd get 7,000 error messages
in two days regarding hosts that don't actually exist.

Unless someone's trying a DOS attack on me and have underestimated
the awesome power of my P166 DNS server. ;)-~

-JGD
--
-=-=-=-
<drummojg at jmu.edu>                     http://falcon.jmu.edu/~drummojg/