Win2000 and BIND GSS-TSIG Interoperability?

Scott Morizot tmorizot at ccsi.com
Wed Mar 1 14:13:46 UTC 2000

Hello,

The following is a message from NTBugtraq in response to
an inquiry about Microsoft's support (or lack thereof)
for DNSSEC.  I found the reply from an individual at
Microsoft interesting.  I recall past discussions
on this list where some at the ISC had indicated that
Microsoft had released insufficient details about
their GSS extensions to TSIG to allow interoperability
for secure dynamic updates to be built into BIND.
And further, that Microsoft had not responded to
inquiries by the ISC on the topic.  That's certainly
different from the spin in the reply below.

I was wondering if Microsoft actually is releasing
sufficient detail for interoperability to be added
to BIND or if it's just more smoke and mirrors?

Thanks,

Scott