two different zones from same zone database

phil-news-nospam at ipal.net phil-news-nospam at ipal.net
Wed Mar 29 20:10:46 UTC 2000

On 29 Mar 2000 09:59:01 -0800 Nehali Neogi <nneogi at my-deja.com> wrote:

| How can I load two different zones from the same zone database file? I
| saw the Mr DNS web site and it looks like it can be done. Does anyone
| have a working example that I can look at?

Use @ on the SOA for the zone origin itself, and make all the names
relative.  Then the zone file has nothing in particular to one domain.
Then have named.conf point each domain to do this with to that zone
file.  I cross a number com/net/org domain triplets that way.  I also
do this for the DNS server used by my web proxy for ad banner domains
to make them all point to a dummy web server that delivers an empty
GIF for any URL.