Multiple Host setup in DNS

Wang Wei Hua wangwh at income.com.sg
Wed Mar 29 11:12:20 UTC 2000

Hi All,

I have two LANs linked by a router via a leased line, LAN1 & LAN2, LAN1 is
linked to Internet and has a DNS server running in the LAN1, in the LAN1, I
have a server (called tulip) with two network cards, one is linked to
Internet segment, another is linked to LAN1, now I define the server in DNS
as one name:
tulip    IN A    202.127.196.1     ; Internet segment
           IN A    168.9.1.3              ; LAN1 segment

When I access tulip server from LAN1, the DNS server will assign tulip
server as 168.9.1.3, if I access it from Internet, the DNS server will
assign tulip server as 202.127.196.1.

But when I access tulip server from LAN2, the DNS server will randomly
assign tulip server as 168.9.1.3 or 202.127.1.96.1. How to set up the DNS
server to make sure when accessing from LAN2, the DNS server assigns tulip
server as 168.9.1.3 in internal segement?

Any suggestions & help?

Thanks in advance!

Wei Hua