lookup problem in dns

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Mar 27 15:11:01 UTC 2000

In article <38DF01AF.8696.EDA0AD at localhost>,  <aaabyss at a-aabyss.com> wrote:
>Do whois to get nameservers for the domain.

If a domain is on hold due to non-payment, it will still show up in the
WHOIS database, but it won't be on the root servers.

>Then point nslookup to that nameserver and do nslookup for the domain.

If you want to know if something is in a root server, as a root server.
Asking the servers listed in WHOIS won't tell you what you need to know.

If you want to know *why* a domain isn't on the root servers, as
<https://payments.networksolutions.com>.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com