how to send notify message to specific server

Josh Higham jhigham at bigsky.net
Sun Mar 26 23:20:38 UTC 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Reid <jim at rfc1035.com>
To: FUJITA Kazutoshi <fujita at soum.co.jp>
Cc: bind-users at isc.org <bind-users at isc.org>
Date: Friday, March 24, 2000 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: how to send notify message to specific server

>PS: PLEASE don't use invented domains like my.domain.com or fake IP
>addresses when you post questions to this list. Always use the actual
>names and addresses. For one thing, it makes troubleshooting easier.
>It also makes it a lot easier to provide clear answers when the real
>domain names and addresses can be quoted rather than abstract,
>invented ones. And sometimes those made-up names or addresses really
>do exist. For instance, the domains mydomain.com and example.com
>*really* exist.

While I understand this, I believe I read at some point that example.com is
registered to someone (ICANN, ISC, InterNIC) specifically to allow its use
as a testbed, without breaking things (ie, if you want to put example.com in
your local servers, and play with it, you won't break connectivity to the
real example.com).  Is this the case?

Josh