Reload depending on Zonefiles

Ralf Hildebrandt R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de
Sun Mar 26 12:22:50 UTC 2000

> "ndc reload" only reloads zones that have changed.  named remembers the
> modification time of each file it has loaded, and only reloads files whose
> timestamps have changed.

Hmm. When I issue "ndc reload" then named puts considerable load on my box,
whereas "ndc reload zone" (for all(!) zones) puts way less load on the box.

Besides "ndc reload" touches the named.pid, whereas "ndc reload zone" does
not.

Using 8.2.2p5 on HP-UX 10.20 here

--
Ralf Hildebrandt <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb
Real programmers never work 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around