Notify -- which servers get the request?

john england a_legend96 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:39:55 UTC 2000

If the start of authority id ns.example.com then this will be the primary
you have fire walled. By default the notify will be sent to all those listed
within it's config unless you manually specify not to. since ns is the
primary it will not need to recieve a notify since it has already been
updated.

Josh Higham <jhigham at bigsky.net> wrote in message
news:056a01bf9524$ca5cbda0$34eefcce at adhara.bigsky.net...
> I'm reading the DNS & Bind 3rd edition, and don't quite understand this
bit
> about how the notify request works:
>
> 'It determines which servers are the slaves ... by looking at the list of
NS