nsupdate returned REFUSED

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Mar 24 17:01:15 UTC 2000

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 11:49:28AM +1300, James Hall-Kenney wrote:
> >Well "notify no;" should be in a zone section or the options
> >section.
> Yep, a typo in my eMail. It was in fact in the options section, not the
> server section. So the question still remains, where do the "suppressing
> duplicate notify" messages come from if notify is disabled.

IIRC, this suppresses the server sending out NOTIFYs to its slave
servers, so the slaves don't automatically update when you update the
master.  It does NOT suppress log messsages about "notify"s.  That
would have to be in the "logging" section.

Sorry, I can't help you on the larger problem.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B