Simple dual dns question...

marc marc at centraltx.com
Tue Jun 27 13:57:37 UTC 2000

Hey guys,

   I just bought the O'Reilly book and have been searching the
archives, but alas I have not found a suitable answer for a simple
configuration issue. I have a DNS server running for my internal
network. I'm running FreeBSD on a dual homed machine. One interface
is my private network, and another the big bad internet. I am running
fwtk (a Guantlet derivitive) on my firewall and everything is peachy.
However, now I want to run a webserver. My question is which is the
better way to approach this: using the listen-on directive and enter
my external ip and info in my named.conf file or run two copies of
named. I have not found a lot of info on the tradeoffs between the two
or even example config files.. I guess I need an external and internal
nameserver.. Can anyone kinda walk me along? Perhaps with example
named.conf and assiociated files?

Thanks in advance,
-Marc E.