Third level domains - need config example .us

rgeoffri at my-deja.com rgeoffri at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 26 20:04:09 UTC 2000

Where can one find an example on how to configure Bind 8.2.2 for third
level domain names?

I am trying to register {domain}.{city}.{state}.us

Once I have that registered, I would like to have
host1.domain.city.state.us  and host2.{domain}.{city}.{state}.us

It is my understanding that is referred-to as third level DELEGATION.
??   Is that not what the OFFICIAL UNITED STATES
DOMAIN REGISTRY (http://www.nic.us/ ) does?  Delegate the third level
domain?

At anyrate, I still need help finding a working example.  I can get a
something.com working just fine.  It's that third level domain.  I
can't even get my own server to realize that it's name is
host1.domain.city.state.us.  An NSLOOKUP query fails.

Anyway...thanks for the time.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.