named-xfer and file order

Network Admin [JPeterson] jay at qtm.net
Mon Jun 26 15:28:36 UTC 2000

Wierd question .. I was on our ns2 box doing some checks and noticed that
the reverse.db file for our class Cs are in a strange order, on ns1
everything is in numerical order inside the $ORIGIN but on ns2 they are
similar to as follows:
27              IN      PTR     dial-sjwebcam.qtm.net.
28              IN      PTR     router.cgi-bin.org.
30              IN      PTR     enterprise.qtm.net.
29              IN      PTR     tc19mgr.qtm.net.
31              IN      PTR     defiant.qtm.net.
32              IN      PTR     babylon.qtm.net.
33              IN      PTR     iceman.qtm.net.
note the order from 28 to 30 then back to 29 then to 31, it gets wierder but
that was the shortest example I saw.  Does anyone have an idea of what
causes this and/or if I can fix it? also we make comments prefixed by ; in
the files on NS1 describing where these IPs are used and they don't seem to
be transfering.

Thanks =)