how to steup a primary DNS - now how to send a signal to name d

Thomas Endo tendo at stamps.com
Sat Jun 24 05:40:29 UTC 2000

In this case, it would probably be kill -INT process-id-number

Where pid may be found by looking for the following output:

ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep named

or

ps -aux | grep -v grep | grep named

For the newer bind packages, we could use the ndc dumpdb command,
which actually sends the SIGINT (kill -INT in Unix command line) signal
to the process id that corresponds to the named program.

Tom