problems w/forwarders

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jun 23 22:09:27 UTC 2000

In article <20000623172501.43674.qmail at hotmail.com>,
MR King <mrking00 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hello, I just upgraded to bind8.2.2p5 from 4.9.4p1.

Do you have a firewall between the internal and external nameservers?  It
may be configured to allow only port 53 back in, so you need:

  query-source address * port 53;

in the options.  By default, BIND 8 uses a high-numbered source port for
all its outbound queries, both to forwarders and ordinary nameservers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA