Solaris7 and Bind8.2.2p5

jfmuse at chesapeake.net jfmuse at chesapeake.net
Fri Jun 23 15:29:24 UTC 2000

Bind-users,

I have just recently went through and installed completely the Bind 8.2.2-5 on
Solaris 7 with the lates patches for Solaris 7. I am able to query my domain as
well as others using nslookup. However, when I try to use an aplication like
telnet to some hostname which the dns must resolve I get the following error:

" Unknown host"

I must have done something wrong with the install.  Does any one have a clue on
how to correct this problem.  I also tried web browsing from the DNS server and
got the same "Unknow host" error.

James

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/