Still getting my head around this - Re: Parking other domains.

Robert Chalmers robert at chalmers.com.au
Thu Jun 22 21:36:10 UTC 2000

> The fact that both [virtual] hosts have the same IP address isn't a
problem,

So you're saying that the dns config I set up is fine.  (forget about
virtual hosting for a minute)

It's actually ok to have

  domain1
  domain2
  domain-n

all on xxx.xxx.xxx.200

with individual zone entries, resource files, secondary entires... etc.

like I had in the example?

That's facinating. I thought it must surely be breaking the 'rules' and
would cause chaos!
  well, I'll set up a few more bogus domains and see what happens - just
trying to avoid having to clean everythign out to get the system going again
if I stuff it all up!

Thanks for your help,
cheers
Bob