reverse delegation

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Thu Jun 22 02:33:40 UTC 2000

hello list,

i've gotten 8 ip-adresses from my provider and have set up the
reverse-zone for my net.
now i want my provider to set up the delegation for the reverse zone to
my nameserver. but when my provider performs a test of my zone i'm
getting the following error message in /var/log/messages:

named[18228]: unapproved AXFR from [62.156.153.47].48029 for
"64.204.153.62.in-addr.arpa" (not zone top)

can anyone explain this message to me and what can i do about it?

my zone file looks like this:

$ TTL 14D
204.153.62.in-addr.arpa.        IN      SOA     frzdaten.troficent.de.
tr.troficent.de. (
                        2000061604
                        10800
                        3600
                        14D
                        38400 )
@                       IN      NS      frzdaten.troficent.de.
@                       IN      NS      ns2.troficent.de.
@                       IN      NS      pns.dtag.de.
@                       IN      NS
techfac.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de.
68                      IN      PTR     frzdaten.troficent.de.
66                      IN      PTR     ns2.troficent.de.
65                      IN      PTR     pleasure.troficent.de.

i'm quite a newbie in setting up bind, so is there an error in my
zone-file?

thank you for help :)

thomas reitelbach