What entries?

Saqib Mustafa 01020103 at ravi.lums.edu.pk
Wed Jun 21 21:24:13 UTC 2000

The domain name server of www.lums.edu.pk has abaseen.lums.edu.pk as
the nameserver with Bind 4 installed on it. We have made our own
domain inside it, with domain name ms44.lums.edu.pk. Name server is
ms44.ms44.lums.edu.pk. This name server has Bind 8 installed on it.

Now inside ms44.lums.edu.pk, we have three mirror site with CNAME as
tango.ms44.lums.edu.pk. THese are

-jango.ms44.lums.edu.pk,
-mango.ms44.lums.edu.pk,
-shango.ms44.lums.edu.pk,

The problem is that I want that each time a query come to
abaseen.lums.edu.pk for tango.ms44.lums.edu.pk, it should send it to
ms44.ms44.lums.edu.pk as that has the CNAME records for
tango.ms44.lums.edu.pk.

I want to know what entry should I have, other than the entry for
ms44.ms44.lums.edu.pk as the name server. Do I need to have an entry for
the tango.ms44.lums.edu.pk in abaseen.lums.edu.pk. If yes then what should
be the entry. Please give me the list of all the entries I would haave to
make for this domain.

Thank u in advance.

Saqib Mustafa

This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space
has nothing but text explaining why this space would otherwise have been
left blank, and would otherwise have been left blank.