Two zones on one BIND server - one a subdomain of the other?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jun 20 22:38:04 UTC 2000

You don't *have* to delegate. The only gotcha is that, in the absence of a
delegation, any internal slaves of "foobar.org" are going to believe that
"internal.foobar.org" is non-existent unless you give them explicit knowledge
otherwise, i.e. by defining the subzone as slave/stub/forward in their
configurations.

If and when you have a non-trivial number of internal slaves, the administration
and maintenance of all of those definitions may end up being more burdensome than
just setting up a "normal" split DNS in the first place.

- Kevin