ndc socket?

James Raftery james-bind-users at domainregistry.ie
Tue Jun 20 18:34:04 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 06:23:41PM +0000, Barry Margolin wrote:

> Does the userid you're running named as have write permission to that
> directory, so it can create the socket?

Actually I think it's the user you're _starting_ named as that counts.
It seems that the socket is created before named switches to the
user/group specified on the command line.

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)  -  Programmer Hostmaster  -  IE TLD Hostmaster
   IE Domain Registry  -  www.domainregistry.ie  -  (+353 1) 706 2375