Is GRANITECANYON.COM Down (for the Count)?

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Tue Jun 20 17:03:05 UTC 2000

Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Well to repeat the question:
>
> If I want to go to another server--perhaps my own, perhaps elsewhere--how would I do so if I can't contact them?

Well, to repeat the answer, contact your parent domain. For example, if
your domain is "example.com.", contact the people who handle "com.", i.e.
your ICANN registrar; if your domain would be "foo.bar.example.com.", you
would contact the "bar.example.com." hostmaster.

> And do you or anyone else have a recommendation for another "public" DNS? I wouldn't mind paying a modest fee, if the service were
> good.

I suggest asking your current, or favorite, ISP.

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.