RT and ISDN on DNS

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Jun 20 16:14:59 UTC 2000

>>>>> "laurent" == laurentbrinon  <laurentbrinon at my-deja.com> writes:

    laurent> Hello, i have two linux box with two isdn card , my dns
    laurent> work very well, but i search how to engage a connection,
    laurent> on spécific phone number depend of number of IP packet :

    laurent> When I ping 192.168.8.1 from 192.168.7.1, i want
    laurent> automatic call linuxbox two on my house. and this for
    laurent> multiple linuxbox (WAN).

This appears to have nothing to do with DNS. It's a most likely to be
a routing problem. Or maybe an issue for your ISDN software. If you
want packets for a certain IP address to go to a specific destination,
that's done by configuring the system's routing table. ie "Send all
packets for A to address B via network interface C". You probably have
to configure the ISDN code with details like "when sending stuff to
address D, get the modem or ISDN card to dial phone number E". Since
you're presumably using PPP over the ISDN interfaces, I would expect
that the PPP software you're using has some way of setting up the
system's routing table. It should also have some way of adding or
removing routes when the dial-up lines are brought up or shut down.