HELP - Installation of of BIND 8.2.2 P5 problem

HO, Tom tho at westpac.com.au
Tue Jun 20 07:21:25 UTC 2000

Hi guys,

I am a newbee here...

I am running Solaris 2.6 and using GCC compiler, after download 8.2.2p5
source and compiled 8.2.2 P5 as per
instruction from isc.org.

The last step installation, I run "make install" and the following message
appears. Please advice what step did I missed out or wrong.
Thanks in advance.

# make install
Using .systype
Using .settings
/var/named/src/include
/var/named/src/include/arpa
set -x; for x in inet.h nameser.h nameser_compat.h; do \
        /usr/ucb/install -c  -m 444 $x /usr/local/bind/include/arpa/$x; \
done
+ /usr/ucb/install -c -m 444 inet.h /usr/local/bind/include/arpa/inet.h
sh: /usr/ucb/install: cannot execute
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /var/named/src/include/arpa
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /var/named/src/include
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
# ^C

> Tom Ho
>  Ph: +612 9226 1994
>  Email: tho at westpac.com.au