Is GRANITECANYON.COM Down (for the Count)?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Jun 19 22:42:33 UTC 2000

In article <23812.961453643 at gromit.rfc1035.com>,
Jim Reid  <jim at rfc1035.com> wrote:

>    Barry> If you've been reading the comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains
>    Barry> newsgroup, you'd notice lots of people reporting problems
>    Barry> with Granite Canyon since Memorial Day weekend.
>
>Hmmm. Which year? It seems people have been reporting problems with GC
>since the beginning of time.

Not the volume of complaints we've had the past few weeks.  I don't think a
day has gone by without several reports of changes not being reflected on
their servers, and in several cases the domains were entirely missing from
ns1.granitecanyon.com, although they were on ns2.

How could you read that newsgroup and not have noticed the quantum leap in
complaints?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA