Please Help

alex alexs at cube.com
Mon Jun 19 15:35:15 UTC 2000

I need to confess ... I am a newbeee.... And totally confused by BIND :)

Here is my problem :
I have registered my NEW and wonderful DNS box (RH6.2 / 2.2.15-5.0, bind
8.2.2) with Internic
and it seems that their records have been updated. The same box and IP
address is used as a web server,

>From outside my network I am pinging successfully the webserver (www00.com =
12.14.30.199) but pinging the DNS (sirius.www00.com = 12,14.30.199) returns
the error: Bad IP address, Sirius.www00.com

When pinging from inside my private net, ping is successful.

I have searched the archives of this list but I have been unsuccessful in
finding an answer.

Can any one please help? Here attached is my zone file where I presume the
problem resides.

TIA
Alex

$TTL 43200