strange nslookup dns problem....

Henry Su bwc2000 at midwest.net
Fri Jun 16 23:13:01 UTC 2000

i just installed bind 8.2.2.pl5 on my linux server and followed along with
the dns how to on the linux doc project site.  everything seems to be
working oaky except this....

the domain so far is bogus say zzzbogus.com, when ndc is running and with my
named.conf and zone files filled in, i can ping host.zzzbogus.com and it
will go to the proper computer/host on my network.  but when i do a nslookup
using the local dns server, it can't resolve zzzbogus.com.

any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

henry