Cisco Distributed Director

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jun 16 20:37:22 UTC 2000

IMHO, if one's load-balancing needs are so rigorous that they require sub-second
volatility, then perhaps one shouldn't be using a DNS-based load-balancing
mechanism at all. DNS is already burdened enough without having scads of TTL 0
RR's forcing servers to work overtime. I see that Cisco also sells
LocalDirector, which load-balances transparently without relying on DNS. (Note
that I've never used either product, so don't take this as an endorsement).

- Kevin