Security firm warns of outdated software (DNS) ?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Sat Jun 17 00:20:52 UTC 2000

% Bill Manning writes:
% > Not very popular.  Less than 0.01% penetration.
%
% On the contrary. Thousands of sites have downloaded the 1.00 package;
% hundreds of people have joined the mailing list; pobox.com has announced
% a successful conversion.

Lets see, thousands of downloads (including me, who does not run your code
but was interested in seeing what it does, cause diversity is good) vs.
~200,000 delegation points in the inverse tree alone. Based on your numbers
my estimates are pretty good.

% Why, you ask, have no installations shown up in your automated surveys?
% Because tinydns won't respond to your version.bind queries, and dnscache
% won't talk to unauthorized users. (Yes, Bill, that means you.)

Gee Thanks Dan.  I guess I'll have to check and see how it responds.

--
--bill