Message for Bind-users

Harold Pritchett harold at uga.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:05:06 UTC 2000

Alan J Rosenthal wrote:

> Johnny Fribert Lauridsen <jlaurids at cisco.com> writes:
> >In this country (Denmark), companies and people _want_ to use national characters.
> >Like in Denmark - The O-slash, the A-overcircle and others,
>
> I think that this is completely different than underscores.  The reason I
> think that it is different is that I think that ø and å are useful and
> underscores are useless.  Completely different.  Ø and å form words;
> underscore duplicates what we already use hyphens for.

That's all fine and good. My problem is how do I personally send somethng
to one of those domains with the international character in it's name
when I am using a standard keyboard without the international characters?

I think we have to stay with the lowest common denominator until we all
have keyboards with the full international character set on them.

And I know about cutting and pasting, or pop-up windows with the  extra
characters, but those are not acceptable solutions.  Until there is a
key with that character on it, it can't be a standard.

Harold