Why is stealth secondary queried for address of primary?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Jun 15 09:12:15 UTC 2000

	Well nameservers send out the current set of nameservers for the
	zone as found in the zone.  If you want a server to be a stealh
	server don't list it in the zone or the parent zone.

	Mark

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> soa hank.org @ns2.granitecanyon.com.
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 4
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	hank.org, type = SOA, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
hank.org.		1D IN SOA	mardy.hank.org. root.hank.org. (
					2000061301	; serial
					1D		; refresh
					1H		; retry
					1W		; expiry
					1D )		; minimum

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
hank.org.		1D IN NS	ns1.hank.org.
hank.org.		1D IN NS	ns2.hank.org.
hank.org.		1D IN NS	ns1.granitecanyon.com.
hank.org.		1D IN NS	ns2.granitecanyon.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.hank.org.		1D IN A		63.205.225.170
ns2.hank.org.		1D IN A		63.205.225.174
ns1.granitecanyon.com.	11h14m8s IN A	205.166.226.38
ns2.granitecanyon.com.	14h40m7s IN A	209.166.62.198

;; Total query time: 836 msec
;; FROM: bsdi.dv.isc.org to SERVER: ns2.granitecanyon.com.  209.166.62.198
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 15 19:07:41 2000
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 26  rcvd: 226

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.