Message for Bind-users

Andras Salamon andras at dns.net
Wed Jun 14 08:11:39 UTC 2000

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 05:26:50PM -0700, Hans Hohenner wrote:
> Since this is clearly an important issue to you, my suggestion is to author
> a RFP proposing the change.  It's better to work within the system (such
> that it is, the Internet can be a pretty chaotic place) than go off on a
> tangent.   Better yet, why not write one to allow the  Unicode character
> set to be used... and include the underscore in this list.  I'm sure you'll
> please lots of people not in USA that way too, and maybe get enough of a
> consensus to push it through.

See the IETF working group IDN (Internationalized Domain Name)
    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idn-charter.html
with associated Intenet-Draft draft-ietf-idn-requirements
    Requirements of Internationalized Domain Names
and the non-working-group Internet-Draft draft-skwan-utf8-dns
    Using the UTF-8 Character Set in the Domain Name System

These and other DNS-related Internet-Drafts are collected and annotated at
    http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/docs/id.html

-- Andras Salamon                   andras at dns.net
-- http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/        DNS Resources Directory
--                                  The online DNS reference since 1994