CNAME and OTHER error

mark_thomas at my-deja.com mark_thomas at my-deja.com
Tue Jun 13 18:45:43 UTC 2000

Hello, I'm trying to set up DNS at GraniteCanyon for a dynamic IP. It
gets past nslint, but results in a CNAME and OTHER data error. Am I
putting too much information here? My zone file looks like this:

markthomas.org.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
markthomas.org.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

markthomas.org.  IN  RP mark.markthomas.org. Mark.Thomas.markthomas.org.
Mark.Thomas.markthomas.org.    IN  TXT "Mark Thomas,    NIC handle:
MT7284"

localhost.markthomas.org.   IN  A  127.0.0.1
; Note: the following line is for capibara.com's http redirector
markthomas.org.             IN  A  209.85.70.11

www.markthomas.org.  IN  CNAME  markthomas.dyndns.org. ; EXTREF

; MX records

*.markthomas.org.     IN  MX  10  markthomas.dyndns.org. ; EXTREF
GLOBALOK

; MX records for email addressed to the zone itself
markthomas.org.       IN  MX  10  markthomas.dyndns.org. ; EXTREF

Thanks!
mark_thomas at my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.