Bind8 Dynamic DNS How-To?

Luis Camacho luis at annotate.net
Mon Jun 12 21:52:09 UTC 2000

Kevin wrote
Prepare to be disappointed. From what I gather, there is no way for
Win2K to make strongly-authenticated Dynamic Updates to BIND

Kevin, I hope you don't feel like I'm stepping on you, but you can correct
if I'm wrong.  The following web site explains the benefit of the latest and
greatest bind and it says that Interoperability with MS-Win2K has been
improved. So, While I haven't tried it yet, I would say that You are right
but new heights are being reached to make them work together.  It also
mentions that Bind now has Support for Windows/NT (thanks to BayNetworks).

Just a little info:

http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/bind8.2_highlights.html
*   Interoperability with MS-Win2K has been improved.
*   Support for Windows/NT (thanks to BayNetworks).

Luis