One server--three websites

Luis Camacho luis at annotate.net
Mon Jun 12 18:16:07 UTC 2000

Ivan said:

2)  I'm running Redhat 6.1, and whatever bind comes with it.  Since
aros.net is handling DNS lookup for pauahtun.org, I don't need (at
least, I don't think I need) to even worry about running a secondary DNS
for pauahtun.org.  Is this true?  Is it smart?

Don't run whatever Bind comes with 6.1.  run the new latest and greatest.
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/

A secondary server is not necessary but a good thing, in case your primary
should go down.  If you don't want to setup a secondary and you have an ISP,
ask them if they will be your secondary.

I'll leave the other questions to more knowledgeable people than myself.

I hope this is somewhat helpful

Luis