Bind 8.2.x on MAC OS X

Paul Jacobs paul at netpacq.com
Fri Jun 9 20:46:45 UTC 2000

At 11:12 AM 6/9/2000, you wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Wade Grant wrote:
>
> > I know that this may be sacrilegious to some but has anyone ported
> > BIND 8.2.x to MAC OS X(10).  I'd like to get it running and tested
> > out.
>
>I'm not running any OS X machines here, but OS X is just
>FreeBSD, which is one of the supported platforms.  Apple has
>made some tweaks to the kernel, enough so that device drivers
>have to be reworked a bit, but I would think bind would
>complile without problem.  Let me know if anyone finds out
>differently.
>
>stu
>The State Technologoy Assessment Center of Texas

Yep, Mac has lost the graphical interface wars to windows.
And apple could not invent there own server software, so they use the free
OS code and slap there interface on FreeBsd, taking away most of the
configuration power you have in freebsd.

Best regards,
Paul Jacobs /Senior Network Eng.
Commerce Service Provider (CSP)
Internet Presence Provider (IPP)