Point me in the right direction please....sendmail to MS exchange BIND config

Brian Ventura water at bighead.org
Fri Jun 9 13:30:47 UTC 2000

You want to send mail between 2 mail servers that have DNS (A record)
entries.  So if you point mail to the machine name directly, you do not
need MX records in DNS  So bob at ntserver.domain.com will go to a machine
named ntserver in the domain "domain.com" If you point mail to
bob at unix.domain.com the same will happen for that server.  If you want to
route mail bob at domain.com through one of the two servers based on the
username, then that is a mail configuration issue and is covered in the
mail products.

If the Unix machine is sending mail to "bob at domain.com" then there needs
to be an MX record for "domain.com" that points to the nt server:

domain.com.    3600    IN    MX    10 ntserver.domain.com.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler