newbie question: what steps to take to install our own DNS server

Jeroen jeroen at jasjenl.tmfweb.nl
Mon Jun 5 21:12:36 UTC 2000

Hi,

We are running a webserver which has a permanent connection to the internet.
On this server we are running multiple domains for several customers of ours
and until now we have to rely on our isp (euronet) if we want to add a new
domain, as we are not running our own DNS server. However, because of the
lousy service of our ISP we've decided we would like to be able to create
new domains ourselves, which probably means we will have to start running
our own DNS server (correct me if 'm wrong). I'm fairly new to all this
stuff and I actually have no clue as to what steps to take to be able to run
a DNS server on which we can add and manage domain names ourselves. Could
someone give me some pointer as of where to start??

Thx,

Jeroen

office email:
jeroen at engine-software.nl