Question

Paco Martinez pacomar at hipocom.es
Mon Jun 5 10:41:53 UTC 2000

Estimated webmaster.

My name is Paco and I'm webmaster LINUX.

I have a problem with BIND 8.1.*. When I work with my LINUX with shell
"/bin/bash" appears in console messages like "Lame server on: ...." ,
"sysquery: finds error..", "dangling CNAME pointer" and therefore this
working way is not grateful.

This problem doesn't apper when I telnet to this machine, but when I work
interactivetly the problem is life.

Could be syslog.conf configuration ??
I can show you this:

# /etc/syslog.conf
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf" (the BSD man
# page), and /usr/doc/sysklogd/README.linux.
#
# NOTE: YOU HAVE TO USE TABS HERE - NOT SPACES.
# I don't know why.
#

*.=info;*.=notice                               /usr/adm/messages
*.=debug                                        /usr/adm/debug
*.err                                           /usr/adm/syslog
*.warn                                          /usr/adm/syslog
*.*;mail.none                                   /dev/tty8
mail.*                                          /dev/tty9

#
# This might work instead to log on a remote host:
# *                     @hostname

Thank you very much and excuse me for my bad english !!!!

Paco Martinez
pacomar at hipocom.es